Thursday, October 15, 2009

Anthony Marr's Mission Statement as Senior Editor of Wildlife Protection and Global Ecological Crisis in www.ThomasPainesCorner.org

MISSION STATEMENT
of
Anthony Marr
as the
"Senior Editor of Ecological Crisis and Wildlife Defense"
in
Thomas Paine's Corner
www.ThomasPainesCorner.wordpress.org


I was kindly offered this editorship by Jason Miller on August 29, 2009, at 11:43 pm PST, and I hereby humbly accept this honor (August 31, 2009, at 13.29 p.m. PST).

Following are what my mission as the Senior Editor of Ecological Crisis and Wildlife Protection is and is not:

1. It is not about AR-v-AW (Animal Right vs Animal Welfare); any such article will be channeled to the attention of other interested editors, whose opinion(s) may or may not coincide with my own.

2. It is not about ideology (e.g. AR-v-AW, Pacifism-v-Activism); it is about world reality, global warming, climate change, the methane time-bomb, world droughts, hunting (including sealing, whaling), trapping, poaching, wildlife farming, illegal wildlife trade, habitat loss, species extinction, strategy, tactic, action and result.

3. It is not based on any religion, cult, sect, denomination, tradition, culture, ism, school of thought or political system. Neither is it based on the beliefs and tenets of any other editor in Thomas Paine's Corner. Nor does it abide by any philosophical system other than my own (see my books [OMNI-SCIENCE and the Human Destiny] and [Homo Sapiens! SAVE YOUR EARTH], my videos [The Omniscientific Cosmology in a Nutshell] and [The Meaning of Life According to Anthony Marr] in www.myspace.com/AnthonyMarr), which is based on nothing but information, science and logic.

4. It is not about any individual person, organization, corporation, and/or government, but what they represent, their constitutions, laws, awareness, conscience, purposes, processes, capabilities, missions, aims, objectives, beliefs, commitments, words, deeds, loyalties, corruptions, influences and global impact.

5. It is not about personal conflict, grudges, feuds, vendettas, flaming, name-calling, mud-slinging, internecine squabbling, false accusations and mutual threats within the DEAR (Deep-Ecology / Animal-Rights) movement, but about the movement as a whole and its impact on the world.

6. It is not based on an allegiance to any nation, nor alliances of nations, but to all humanity, all life and Earth, and Mother Earth herself.

About the much contended Non-Violence vs Violence, I am not a violent person. I have never committed a violent act in my life (except once when I threw a book at someone, and even so, it was figurative). I have been physically assaulted by a hunter, involving 3 facial bone-fractures, but I have never physically assaulted anyone. I do not support misuse of force, nor the use of force for its own sake. I do abide by the spirit of Ahimsa during peace times. However, I do support the use of force in WW2 against Nazi Germany, and the African policy of rangers firing on poachers in the act of shooting a highly endangered rhino. I may not exercise the option to use physical force in defense of my own person against a hunter, but I pledge that I will personally use physical force in the event of a loved one (my mother, my child, my friend...) being assaulted by an assailant. I further believe that non-violence, which I practice in my life and in my work, would be ineffective if not suicidal against an opponent who is sadistic and psychopathic (e.g. Hitler). I consider myself lucky not having had to fight in any war, but were I a young man during WW2, I would take up arms in defense of what I love. I abhor and denounce terrorism in any way, shape or form, including hunting - terrorism in the woods. And, by the way, I do create new concepts and new terms.

Being an editor, the freedom of speech is of paramount importance. There is no such thing as freedom of speech "as long as you don't offend anybody"; so, I cannot promise to not offend anyone. But though "all is unfair in love and war", perhaps even in life, I do promise to be fair at all times, even if I be treated unfairly.

Finally, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Anthony Marr


Anthony Marr, founder and president
Heal Our Planet Earth (HOPE)
www.HOPE-CARE.org
www.MySpace.com/AnthonyMarr
www.YouTube.com/AnthonyMarr
www.HomoSapiensSaveYourEarth.blogspot.com
www.ARConference.org
www.AnimalVoices.org
604-222-1169

No comments: