Monday, December 24, 2012

"... all oppression shall cease..."?

Of all the Christmas songs, my top favorite is [O HOLY NIGHT], by lightyears. Musically, I rank it as a masterpiece, and I play the song year round.

Plus, it is meaningful, infinitely more so than "jingle bells" I'd say, honoring the birth of one of the most courageous people in the history of the world.

But it is not perfect. There is a glitch in the lyric somewhere. Every time I come across a certain line, I shake my head in disbelief. The line says, "... and in His name all oppression shall cease..."


Really? Let me offer a proof of its fallacy. The attached picture depicts Giordano Bruno being taken to the stake to be burnt alive, in 1600AD, and that was after 8 years of imprisonment and daily/nightly torture - for teaching the Copernican model that it was not the Sun that revolved around the Earth, as the Church then maintained, but the Earth around the Sun, as we now know to be the truth.

And pray tell: How many women were burnt at the stake as "witches" during those three horrid centuries (15th, 16th and 17th) of the Dark Ages?

Sure, it can be argued that it was in the past, but what about "JESUS HATES FAGS!", which I just saw on the internet last week?

To acquit myself from blasphemy, it was/is not the fault of Jesus himself, but of his followers.


Anthony Marr, Founder and President
Heal Our Planet Earth (HOPE)
Global Anti-Hunting Coalition (GAHC)
Anthony-Marr@HOPE-CARE.org
www.HOPE-CARE.org
www.facebook.com/AnthonyMarr001
www.facebook.com/Global_Anti-Hunting_Coalition
www.facebook.com/AnthonyMarr13
www.youtube.com/AnthonyMarr
www.HomoSapiensSaveYourEarth.blogspot.com
www.DearHomoSapiens.blogspot.com
www.AnthonyMarr13.wordpress.com

No comments: